Sunday, July 13, 2008

[] Achieving SUCCESS []

... Defining Success ...

My Personal Definition of Success.

Success to me is simple. Firstly, no matter what I attain or achieve through the things I have done, as long as the people working with me or around me are happy and contented. I count that experience as a success. For me I feel that all the friendship and bonds I have with the friends around me is priceless as such, by attaining such a priceless gift is success to me! Secondly, is for me to achieve my life goals, which was stated at the past post. E.g. having a family. My goals are more focus on my values and believes and not so much on wealth and power.


What must be present for me to be proud and consider myself successful in the following areas?

Family: For me to support my family financially, enough to provide them with their daily needs and maybe some of their wants. For my family to be always bonded together and sharing all our life milestones as a family.

Career: I do not really put career as part of my success but if its needed, then I will say for me to climb up the corporate ladder without backstabbing any colleges or using any underhand methods.

Health: For me to be mobile and still kicking at the age of 75. And do not have any terminal diseases by then.

Love: To always love and to be loved by my future spouse and family. And love which is given unconditionally.

Money: To me, money is secondary, if it’s just enough to support my family, I count myself very successful.

Others: Friendship is also important. For me to have ten. Just ten close and trustworthy friends, I count myself the most successful man on earth.

Power: I do not need any power.



Remember that success is ultimately tied to happiness. What’s the point of having wealth, status, and career achievement if you are not happy doing what you are doing? Doing what you love, feeling satisfied and fulfilled in life, are what true success is all about.

... Keys to Success - Passion ...

Passion is an essential quality and the driving force behind success. With passion, we are energised to do bigger and bolder things, to be more than what we think we can be. If you do not love what you do, it is hard to consider yourself successful. Think about the successful people you know, invariably these are often very enthusiastic and driven people who care deeply about what they do.

What’s My Passion?

Well I honestly, only until today, I have really thought through about my passion. Firstly, the more physical passion would be running, watching movies, sleeping and maybe playing certain computer games. However, on the more mental passion, I have the passion to see people around be happy and laughing at the time. To see a mentally handicapped child trying it’s best to do a simple task when the whole world thought that he couldn't. I am not sure if there are really such things as mental or physical passion but to me, this is how I classify them.

Identify My Talents.

The three words which I feel best describes me are Funny, Caring and Loving. I feel that people admire me for the different talents I have such as bringing joy to everyone or at least put a smile on their faces. Some people might be envious about my physical appearances but I always feel that it’s a gift from my parents. Another physical talent I have would be the ability for me to pick up new things relatively fast, but I can never excel in any. I feel that I am unique in the sense that I can bring out the best in other people but not really in myself. However, from that experience, I actually learn more about the person regardless if it is positive or negative.

I feel that all my talents actually shape my passion because I will only do things which I think I am good at which would be my talents. Therefore all my talents and passion comes together. For example, I have the talent for bringing joy to people and my passion is to see a mentally handicapped child trying. So I would used my talent to get the child interested and bring out the best in him and motivate him to try!


My Passion-Driven Vision.

1. What would you love to do?

I really love to help people to realise their potential and seeing them succeed. And too see them being happy!

2. What are you capable of doing now?

I am capable in bring joy and laughter into people’s lives and to make them really happy!

3. What are your talents/ strengths? What makes you unique?

I must say I have somewhat, rather good communicating and influencing skills. Thus bringing out the best in them.

4. What do you want most out of life?

To always be myself and for me and my family to be happy.


MY VISION

I will make people around me happy and to realise the full potential (state what you want to do and is capable of doing), using my ability to make them happy and be more open to realise themselves (state your talents/ strengths, uniqueness), and in so doing achieve happiness.(state your life’s purpose or what you want most in life).

No comments: